Breast augmentation is one type of Breast surgery: Which is typically can be divided into three general categories: augmentation, reduction and reconstruction.
Breast augmentation or augmentation mammoplasty is surgery to increase breast size. It involves placing breast implants under breast tissue or chest muscles.
Maybe for some women, breast augmentation is a way to feel more confident. For others, it’s part of rebuilding the breast for various conditions.
If you’re deciding breast augmentation, talk to a plastic surgeon. Make sure you understand what surgery involves, including possible risks, complications and follow-up care.
Why it’s done
Breast augmentation might help you:
- Enhance your appearance if you think your breasts are too small or that one is smaller than the other
- Adjust for a reduction in the size of your breasts after pregnancy
- Correct uneven breasts after breast surgery for other conditions
- Improve your self-confidence
Candidate for breast augmentation
Breast augmentation is appropriate for patients who desire larger and more proportionate breasts. Women may consider breast augmentation if they have naturally small breasts or if their breasts have become deflated.
As a result of pregnancy, weight fluctuations, or aging. Patients who are also concerned with sagging breasts may require a breast lift to achieve the optimal result.
What does it involve?
Breast implant surgery is carried out under general anesthetic.
The operation involves:
- making a cut (incision) in the skin next to or below the breast
- positioning the implant – either between your breast tissue and chest muscle, or behind your chest muscle
- stitching the incision and covering it with a dressing
The operation takes between 60 and 90 minutes.
You may be able to go home the same day, but may need to stay in hospital overnight if the operation was scheduled late in the day.
Pain relief is provided if you experience any discomfort afterwards.
Breast Implant Options
There are many implant options available. Women can choose between shaped or round, silicone or saline, high or moderate profile, and a wide range of sizes. Your surgeon will recommend the most suitable implant for you based on your unique anatomy and desires for the procedure.
Types of Breast implant
Saline breast implants
Saline breast implants are filled with sterile salt water. Should the implant shell leak, a saline implant will collapse and the saline will be absorbed and naturally expelled by the body.
Saline breast implants provide a uniform shape, firmness and feel, and are FDA-approved for augmentation in women age 18 or older.
Structured saline breast implants
Structured implants are filled with sterile salt water, and contain an inner structure which aims to make the implant feel more natural.
Silicone breast implants
Silicone breast implants are filled with silicone gel. The gel feels a bit more like natural breast tissue. If the implant leaks, the gel may remain within the implant shell, or may escape into the breast implant pocket. A leaking implant filled with silicone gel will not collapse.
If you choose silicone implants, you may need to visit your plastic surgeon regularly to make sure the implants are functioning properly. An ultrasound or MRI screening can assess the condition of breast implants.
Silicone breast implants are FDA-approved for augmentation in women age 22 or older.
Gummy bear breast implants
Form-stable implants are sometimes referred to as gummy bear breast implants because they maintain their shape even when the implant shell is broken.
The consistency of the silicone gel inside the implant is thicker than traditional silicone gel implants. These implants are also firmer than traditional implants.
Shaped gummy bear breast implants have more projection at the bottom and are tapered towards the top. If a shaped implant rotates, it may lead to an unusual appearance of the breast that requires a separate procedure to correct.
Placement of gummy bear implants requires a slightly longer incision in the skin.
What are the risks of breast augmentation?
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure and any risks and potential complications.
Possible breast augmentation surgery risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Poor scarring
- Wrong or faulty position of the implant
- Implant leakage or rupture
- The formation of tight scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture)
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Wrinkling of the skin over the implant
- Persistent pain
- Possibility of revision surgery
Other important considerations:
- Breast implants are not guaranteed to last a lifetime and future surgery may be required to replace one or both implants
- Pregnancy, weight loss and menopause may influence the appearance of augmented breasts over the course of your lifetime
- Breast augmentation requires regular examinations of your breasts’ health and to evaluate the condition of your breast implants
steps of a breast augmentation procedure
- A breast augmentation procedure includes the following steps:
Step 1 – Anesthesia
- Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best choice for you.
Step 2 – The incision
- Incisions are made in inconspicuous areas to minimize visible scarring. You and your plastic surgeon will discuss which incision options are appropriate for your desired outcome. Incision options include: along the areolar edge (per-areolar incision). The fold under the breast (infra-mammary fold) and in the armpit (axillary incision). A belly-button approach is associated with a higher complication rate.
- Incisions vary based on the type of breast implant, degree of enlargement desired, your particular anatomy and patient-surgeon preference.
Step 3 – Inserting and placing the breast implant
- After the incision is made, a breast implant is inserted into a pocket either:
- Under the pectoral muscle (a sub-muscular placement)
- Directly behind the breast tissue, over the pectoral muscle (a sub-mammary/ sub-glandular placement)
- The method for inserting and positioning breast implants depends on the type of implant, degree of enlargement desired, your body type and your surgeon’s recommendations.
Step 4 – Closing the incisions
- Incisions are closed with layered sutures in the breast tissue and with sutures, skin adhesive or surgical tape to close the skin.
- Over time the incision lines will fade. The quality of scar depends on many things, including your genetics, exposure of your body to nicotine and infection.
Step 5 – See the results
- The results of breast augmentation are immediately visible. Get more information about breast augmentation results.
After surgery, it is likely that you will be advised to wear a compression garment to aid with swelling and to minimize discomfort. Swelling will subside considerably after about three weeks but may last as long as a few months. For the first few days after your surgery, you will need to get plenty of rest and avoid bending or lifting. Most patients can go back to work within one week and resume regular exercise after about six weeks. Your surgeon will provide you with more detailed information about what you can expect during your recovery.
Why Breast augmentation in Iran?
It can be said that is Iran now one of the poles of plastic surgery in the world. Iran is a big market for cosmetic surgeries procedures such as Breast augmentation and Breast lift.
Professional Iranian plastic surgeons having passed advanced courses in cosmetic and plastic surgery at best American, European, and Iranian medical centers and hospitals. Iranian plastic surgeon are skillful and experienced. As breast augmentation is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries in Iran.
Breast augmentation cost in Iran
Four operation surgeries for Breast enhancement (breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast deconstruction, breast lift) will be done in Iran cheaper than any country.
For information on prices contact us whit Whats App